View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 16, 2009, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

This was just sent to Mr. Parrish... I am much like the OP, I know they are clueless but my blood boils when people spout off as experts regarding stuff they know nothing about. Sorry but I could not help myself!!!

You get the Irresponsible Journalist Award for the week (and the competition is stiff these days). Congratulations!!! Just because the game is near the end and tight does not give the coach license to run his mouth, be unsporting and berate an official. The coach cost his team a chance to win, not the T administered by the official. This is the kind of drivel that people read and then think it is socially acceptable to behave in unsporting ways because the game is close. Get real. How are you qualified to assess an official's body of work? Is it because of your vast knowledge of officiating rules and philosophy that you have attained over the years spending thousands of dollars of your own money and months at a time in the offseason at training clinics? Is it the hours you have spent reading over the Rule book and CCA Manual each year (bet you don't even know what "CCA" is without Google)? Is it the hours you've spent studying case plays and discussing various plays over the years with your officiating supervisors and colleagues? Please enlighten me on your qualifications to judge the quality of officiating? I will not hold my breath for a response as I know you have none of the above... nor do you have the capacity to formulate a reasonable response based on the elementary school writing I have experienced in your other articles. Stick to writing aboout what you do know about... I am not sure what that is, but it isn't officiating.