View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 15, 2009, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi View Post
Jeffer, if your schools are using NFHS rules, then this won't be an issue at all. For NFHS, the rule merely moves the pitching distance back to 43 feet. Period. That is for anybody and everybody.

Now, for those few states and/or districts that are still using ASA rules, that will be up to them to work out how they want to administer the rule. They may want to ignore the pitching distance change altogether, though I don't feel that would be the best move. They may want to schedule double header JV games one day, and double header Varsity games another. They may want to have the grounds crew, coaches, or players, simply move the pitching plate the required three feet. It wouldn't take but a couple of minutes between games.
I think you missed my point. The girls will be playing NFHS rules from Feburary through May. Then they will be playing ASA rules the rest of the year. Just this fall, the local ASA TD's "jumped the gun" and put the pitchers plate at 43' for 16U in an effort to help the pitchers who would be facing that pitching distance in the school season. In fact, they announced, then retracted, the same move for 14U. The ASA organizers were actually the last group to announce a move to 43' for the fall. For a while it looked like we would have one 43' ISA tournament sandwitched in between 4 ASA tournaments at 40'.