View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2009, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrao View Post
I would add that, for me, it depends on what "continually" means. If the AC is periodically checking the official score book to verify fouls on players or how many timeouts they have left, I am inclined to ignore it (I know this is not IAW the actual rule). If it becomes a problem, or it is being done to influence the scorekeepers, then I will deal with it.
What I mean by "continually" is that the AC goes over to the table at a minimum once a quarter to look at the scorebook (either checking player performance or foul status).

The person handling the scorebook is great at letting the HC &/or AC know when someone is in foul trouble, or the timeouts left. During the Varsity games, the scoreboard/timer & scorebook are in constant communication with one another as to who shot the ball, who's got how many fouls, & AP.

Why I am asking for opinions &/or thoughts is that how I am reading/understanding the POE, the only time an AC is supposed to be standing up outside of the Coaches Box is when a timeout is called or coming on the floor for pregame or back from halftime.