Thread: TX TASO news
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2009, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper View Post
You say you have no vested interested in TASO but have been it's staunchest supporter on this board. Have you worked hard to make your Chapter the best in the state, or, like I've heard from other officers of associations, did you take the post because nobody else wanted it? If it's the former, the argument can be made that you do have a stake in this. If it's the latter, well...

Your logic makes no sense. I took the post with the vested interest of the membership in mind, to improve it and to look out for the chapter's best interests. The chapter membership have told me that they don't want this change, so I am supporting that. How does that give me a vested interest in TASO OR the UIL. My interest is in the good of the chapter. The chapter will stay the chapter, whether or not it is through TASO or the UIL.

My argument, as I have clearly stated over and over again, is a simple one. The UIL is doing its job when it looks out for the interests of its member schools and AD's. So far, from what I can tell, it has done a fine job of that. One that is to be commended.

TASO's is doing its job when it looks out for the welfare of the sports official in the state of Texas. So far, it seems to have done a pretty good job from where I am sitting. Every gripe that I have heard on this board against TASO has to do with the failings of the local leadership, rather than the failings of TASO. Those same problems would continue to exist no matter who is in charge.

So, when it comes to a battle for the welfare of the officials of Texas, TASO is the defender of the officials. The UIL is the defender of the schools and their AD's, and what is monetarily in their best interest. That is the way it should be, and it has worked fine that way for more that three decades.

So, once again, to sum up my argument as concisely as possible, I just don't think it is wise to have the fox guarding the henhouse.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.