View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2009, 11:55am
Courageous When Prudent

I, personally, would have let the basket stand. Basically, your crew, when asked to explain the call the crew would have to say "we didn't see it, but we heard something." I prefer to go with "We might have missed it Coach; but none of us saw it hit anything so the basket stands."

I had a play one time in a 3-man crew. I'm Trail tableside in front of V-HC. H1 takes a 3-pointer from the C's (opposite table) corner. I look into the paint for rebounding action and look back up and see the ball is descending at a funny angle on the C's side of the backboard (and depth-wise, behind the backboard). Apparently the ball hit the pole at the edge of and behind the backboard. However I did not see it and the C did not see it either as he was bringing the shooter "up and down". The V-HC saw it and kind of made a stink about it (as did his father (AD and former official on our board) in the stands). I just explained to V-HC that I did not see the ball hit anything so I could not call the violation. I don't doubt at all the ball hit the pole based on how the ball was descending but I'm not calling that if I don't see it.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Dec 11, 2009 at 11:57am.