View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2009, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

situation opinions, delayed call

I'll preface this by saying I'm not looking for validation in this case, just some clarity. In no way do I have a beef with partners nor do I think my choice in this case is philosophically absolute.

I'm C opposite table, shot goes up, bounces high off rim, it's in my peripheral as I'm watching action under basket. A1 rebounds and scores on a put back.

Can't recall why game was stopped as we are now going other way. B coach complains that ball hit wire above backboard. We huddle and of course lead saw nothing, but offers I think I heard something. Trail didn't see anything but said he heard something. I'm fifty/fifty but say, I'm not guessing, we made a call already and it was a no call, lets move on. Partners decide to give ball to B( defenders on play in question) and wipe points off board. No beefs from A coach

Partner in post game said it involved points and he wanted to get it right.

With that logic, if a player travels going to basket and scores and B coach insists it was a travel would we stop game and discuss the non call? Of course not. It was a judgement situation.

IMHO, the above could have been a gasoline can ready to explode. A coach having points taken off as a result of opposing coach complaing of a call or non call.

Some may see this differently. I'm not looking for why we missed it, as it might have very well hit the wire. Looking for thoughts on the late reversal of a non call.

Last edited by fullor30; Fri Dec 11, 2009 at 11:43am.