View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=PeteBooth;641097]
Quote:

Same sitch as you describe and you signal to your partner, HOWEVER he POINTS to you anyway.

Now what do you do?

As PU you have NO CLUE whether the fielder tagged said runner or F3 pulled his foot etc. HOWEVER, a call has to be made because there is LIVE action going on. You have 3 runners R1/R3 and the BR and during LIVE action your partner "out of the blue" pointed to you to make the call at first base.

if you say nothing, remember action is still live so you could have runners continuing running etc.

Pete Booth
Yikes..........My smartass response would be to point right back at him with a what ya got look, however that's going to create so many more issues than I'm going to want to deal with!

I'm gonna be forced to make a call, (quickly since it's live) and since I didn't see an out, I can't call it, so I'm going with what I got, and I'm gonna have to swallow hard to try and keep the coach in the game. This is a moment where I'm going to give skip some latitude and if he asks me for an appeal, I'm gonna get with the partner and try to sort out what we've got, try to get the call right, and start preparing my lecture for the post-game finale!

Tom