View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsqrddgd909 View Post
I will never criticize a fellow referee again.

First HS F/JV Boys games. Class A schools. Freshman game went fine.

JV game....let's see...
1. Blarge, partner came in and had block. I then went to report it, could not remember who to call it on.
2. OOB play that my P helped me on, where W came from OOB and had not established himself inbounds before touching ball.
3. Both Teams in bonus in first half, both in 2nd half, one being double bonus.
4. Took a ball off the ear while administering FT and joked to the kid who innocently threw it.."You must be the point guard," (trying to make light of MY goof.) He thought I was talking trash to him. (Forgot the "Can't quote silence.")
5. My mechanics on OOB made me look like a traffic cop or a crazed windmill...take your pick.
6. Blue, down by 8 with 14 seconds left calls time out, but the official book and clock say they don't have any. The visitor's book has only 4. I call the T and we administer the free throws.
7. Game took about an hour and 25 mins to play.

You should have seen the look on the V refs when we went back to our dressing room afterwards.

I still feel sick. I really thought I'd be ready.
You've just done what I think is the single most important thing you can do. You took some time after the game to sit down with (electronic) pen and paper and evaluate your performance. This will do more to hasten your improvement and to set you up for success in the areas you've just identified in your next game than any other thing I've found.

Bring on the next game!