View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 03:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth View Post
My problem is that the stadium clock in not the official game clock. All of the deep wings I've spoken either keep the whole game on thier watch or at a minimum the last 2-5 minutes of each half. All the referee had to do is ask the SJ what he had left on his watch and go from there.

I've heard stories (no idea how accurate) of crafty timers being able to start and stop the clock very quickly over a period of time, as to squeeze a few seconds without actually ever stopping the clock long enough to be noticed.
You are right, but it is not practical. The game clock in the stadium is what is used unless there is a problem. This is why they reviewed the play. If the clock was started too early, they would have caught it. And this was a neutral site and I am sure there were people in specific roles that are not associated with either team were doing these types of official duties. And if that was not the case, I am sure Nebraska would be raising a stink over that very issue. Honestly in football if a second or two runs off is not an issue in the middle of the game. The only time we might correct a clock when it is egregious or very obvious there was a mistake. Minor mistakes are not an issue.

Peace