View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2009, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

Question What would you do?

Three person crew. First half. A1 drives from wing on C side and gets to about one step outside of free throw line elbow, rises up. At about the same time, A2 flashes along baseline WIDE OPEN from L side corner. As A1 begins his motion, he is fouled by B1 (C has call) and ball is blocked by B2. It appeared to me as from my angle at L that A1 was attempting to pass to A2 cutting to basket.

C reports the foul on B1 and signals 2 shots. While he was reporting, the T and I and team A players had begun to set up for a throw in and not a free throw. Coach of A starts yelling, he wasn't shooting, ask your partners, etc. C turns from the table and signals two shots for A1.

We then lined up the players to have A1 shoot free throws.

At halftime, I asked the C if he had seen A2 flash to the basket. He said no he did not and that is why he believed A1 was shooting and not passing. He told me if he had seen A2, he probably would not have awarded the free throws because "the angle of the try was very low and looked weird." He said at the time he thought the foul caused the low angle to happen. The T said at half he also thought that A1 was attempting to pass.

My question is, since at the time, the T and I thought A1 was attempting to pass, should we have gone to the C at the time and ask him about the play and tell him about A2, or should we have gone with the call like we did since it was the C's call?