View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2009, 08:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Settle down fellas! I'm 57 and I've watched countless sporting events. My wife bemoans the fact that she married me in March. I watched the Illini lose to Austin Peay whilst on our honeymoon back in 1985. I do know not to listen to various announcers, like a Billy Packer, but in this situation I couldn't figure out why they went to replay when it was obvious the O lineman went into the endzone. That's when I figured maybe they were looking at who touched the pass first, thinking that somehow an O lineman isn't eligible to touch no matter who touched the pass first.
Because it was the play that decided the game. It was not as obvious as you think considering that the official did not immediately signal TD until he found the ball and it was the last play of the game. Of course they were going to review the play. BTW, they review every play in every game; they just do not stop the game or hold up the ending to do it. And this is why you do not listen to announcers; they have no idea why a review is being made. That becomes obvious when you listen to them and then see the actual ruling. I seriously doubt that they need to look long at who touched the ball. For one it was obvious, but they probably looked to see if the runner (OLman) was down or did not cross the goal line.

Peace