Thread: that coach!
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 17, 2002, 06:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
And ScottParks...WOW!...am I ever glad I wasn't your kid!

Dude

Me too

Quote:
No A...No Play"? That's putting a bit too much pressure on the kid, isn't it? Are you performing at the "A" level at your job? Or better yet, are you performing at the "A" level of your officiating career? (better than 90% of the other officials in your association)
Those are great goals...but to punish one because he/she cannot attain those lofty heights seems somewhat overbearing...IMO.

Dude

Seriously, we aren't discussing my performance here. We are discussing the performance of one of my children. His capabilities were and still are as an A student. I personally believe that sports have no place in defining a reduced importance or expectation for this performance. Sports in an EXTRA-curricular activity and a privelage.

I also tailor these expectations based on the capabilities that my wife and I observe in all of our children. Each child's capabilities for grades are different... our expectations are the highest for each of them, but our realistic goals are determined by their capabilities.