View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 05, 2009, 12:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It Never Gets Boring ...

Varsity prep school game today. I'm the lead. I'm watching to post players underneath. Out of the corner of my eye I see a shot by Team A from the perimeter. I now concentrate on rebounding action. The ball comes down near two Team B players, the ball touches one of them, and the ball continues toward out of bounds. For some odd reason the Team B players make no attempt to get the ball, which goes out of bounds. I figure it was one of those, "I got it, no you got it" situations. Stop clock signal, blow whistle, and call, "Team A ball". Everybody now looks at me like I've grown a second head. My partner informs me that the shot went in. Boy, did I feel like a jerk. As the game progresses I note that the nets on both ends are real loose, and the ball goes through them like a bat out of hell. At halftime the athletic director tells me that he was going to put up the new nets today but he forgot. Well at least no one can accuse me of ball watching from the lead.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Dec 05, 2009 at 01:05pm.