Thread: What do I do?
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
To be honest I don't know how my assignor or the association wants it dealt with. I just emailed them this morning.

The reason I gave option A. was because I thought if I just wack the teams on my own R wouldn't feel like he was being undermined (he may chastise me at half) because if I go talk to the crew and they decided it is no big deal then I'm in a really tough spot if my tenant beliefs are firm enough to enforce the rule.
That's certainly a possible option. That said, it's the opposite of good crew communication IMO, which is critical. I don't like that many of us have to deal with association politics, either, but it's a reality. Choosing to acknowledge that reality means Option A, B, or C may be the best answer. This isn't a case of a team gaining an unfair advantage, so I throw the "but the rules are the rules" argument out the window. You have to make a decision that 1. provides a quality experience for the teams; and 2. is your best effort at doing what you believe your association wants you to do.

I'm curious - what did you do?