View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 17, 2002, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

I ran into a similar situation 2 years ago at a 4A JV boys game. The floor administrator was a nice but mild mannered woman. My 2 man partner was real green. A fan was giving him lots of grief as well as the home team coach. I wanted to stay out of it so as not to show him up and I told him at every opportunity that he needed to stick the coach. He wouldn't do it. Finally in the 2nd half, things escalated with the coach and the fan. I went to the coach and told him that I had heard enough and showed him the stop sign. I then looked at the fan and loudly asked the table where the administrator had gone. The man yelled down that it wouldn't do any good to find her because she was his wife. The table confirmed that this was correct. She was no where in sight and I decided to go on with the game and see if things got better. They did somewhat and we got through the game after which I found and told the administrator what I thought etc. BTW, the irate fan was a no show for the V game. The take home message is that if you have a very vocal fan and a volatile coach and you don't take care of business early, it just gets worse as the game goes on. One stupid fan draws blood, he goes uncorrected, the rest of the bleachers get a taste of it and the hunt is on like a pack of hounds after a cat. If I could go back and do it over again, I would have T'd the coach the first half since my partner wouldn't, stopped the game and gone down the hall and found the administrator and had her husband removed.