View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie24 View Post
On the play, again no comment as to catch or not. Mechanics of the official. It has been said that he was watching the ball. I agree that he was. If he is watching the ball what did he miss? Another thing I noticed. Watch his leg flip. Seems that he was using some body english to help the catch. The catch might have caught him by surprise based on that motion and he rewarded the player for it. Just my observation.

What would I have done on this play? Well there was another official near the box in the film, tag him and let him make the call! Okay, I am kidding. Distance would have been his friend. Stay at the pilon, pivot with the players watching them. After seeing all of that, make the ruling. Hope and pray that you have a back judge who is watching his keys too. Come together by glance and decide.
I saw that little twitch of his left leg and wondered what that was all about.

Agree with staying at the pylon, it would give a better view. How about a quick glance to see the ball coming in your direction, then, concentrate on the players in the area.

Don't know if the BJ would be any help because he would have to hustle to the sideline. This is an example where six-man would be helpful.