View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 24, 2009, 08:56pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Thank God We Had A Well Mannered Coach ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfp View Post
I'm afraid if I move "clock-glancing" higher on this priority list, I'll miss something else even more important.
Happened to me in a girls varsity game a few years ago. Three point shot near the end of the second period. I'm the trail. Ball bangs onto the rim and bounces high into the air. I figure that there's not going to be any basket interference in a girls game, so I peak at the clock in case there's a rebounding foul. While I'm "clock-glancing", and while my partner is keeping his eyes down looking for rebounding fouls, the ball hits the cable above the basket. Of course everyone sees it hit except me and my partner. I turn to see the ball going in the basket, which is followed by the buzzer sounding. I count the three point goal. My worst call of that year.

Of course I topped that worst call with a "worser" call the following year, a fist violation. But that's a story for another night. Sleep tight.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)