Thread: that coach!
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dacollegegirl
It is a school coach. My son (the 4th grader) wasn't getting his homework done, so I figured that I had to tell him if homework doesn't get done, that he could no longer play ball.
His teacher decided to give him a break and let him play. I decided to give him a second chance as well. Well, as things went, he's homework started slipping and I had to stand by my word that he turn his jersey in.
The other parts of this aside, thank you for having the focus that our children are in school primarily for an education.... sports is secondary.

The rule in my household for playing sports (as well as other outside activites) directly pertains to the ability of the child. My son (our oldest) is and has been an A student. His rule was always "no A, no play" He questioned at first why this was so much stricter that the Texas policy of "no pass, no play" and we told him.... "Because you are capable of doing that level of work".

We challenged our son and daughters to excel in school while playing sports AND we haven't had to invoke the consequences of the rule yet.

(knock on wood)