View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

Several seasons ago, my partner tossed an irate base coach in a 16&U bracket game. He went storming off the field and left the complex with tires spinning & all. He returned to the complex and sat at another field (at least 100 yds away), but was clearly watching the game his daughter's team was playing. Turns out that his daughter noticed he was there. Once she was replaced in the game (her coach was planning the have her re-enter), she went over to see her father. The father saw that I noticed this and was trying to wave her off as she approached. She went to him anyway & he saw that I noticed. Since she was out of the game, I went to her coach at the next inning break and told him that this player was not to come back into the game since she had spent time with an ejected coach. He agreed and she didn't come back into the game.

After the game, this ejected coach wanted to talk. Normally I wouldn't have spoken with him about history, since I was also the uic, I felt I had to listen to him. He understood & agreed with the ejection......
His daughter came to me shortly after that and asked why she was not allowed to re-enter. After I explained it to her, she said "OK, Can I say I was ejected too. That will make it sound like I'm tough".