View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff901c View Post

is mound height any different, according to your statement above? They are both in the same boat as far as I am concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to imply that allowing play with a non-stamped ball as getting away with doing as little as possible is insulting and arrogant on your part.
And this isn't insulting and arrogant?? Good grief!

I wasn't implying anything. My statement was regarding the umpire who would refuse to play the game because of non-compliant baseballs. How did you get the polar opposite out of that?

You have a skewed sense of things. No mound height is not the same ... not even close, really. I don't know how you could associate the two. But it does make for an especially specious bit of grandstanding, there.

Anchored bases and an intact home plate are required for the playing of a game around here. For an at-bat, an intact, approved helmet and a certified bat are also required. Those are the main things I attend to and require compliance with. Mound height is definitely an entirely different subject, and one that is almost never addressed at the high school rules and compliance meetings. As a matter of fact, there are some freshman and lousy school JV and varsity games that are played at city parks without mounds. At the college level, none of these things are ever a concern.

Now, if the H.S. rules chairman demanded that we concern ourselves with mound height, then I guess I would be concerned with it. Otherwise, except to create an irrelevant comparison like yours, it's of virtually no concern.