View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
The word peculiar does not mean strange or odd, by the way.

peculiar...uncommon, unusual.....

I am a batting instructor and my son's a pitcher, so I always need dozens of baseballs. I just started buying the ones with the stamp once that edict came down.

peculiar, I would say..

So avoiding a problem with the most ridiculous rule ever enacted, and not wanting to draw attention for having an incident because of the most ridiculous rule ever enacted is the route I choose to take.

I have spent most of my entire adult life facilitating the safe and effective and respectful playing of the game of baseball. When this rule came out, and they were serious about enforcing it, I just averted any problems other guys allow to happen by devising a no-brainer solution. There are umpires who are out to take their check and do as little as they can get away with. I am out there to do as much as necessary, and often more.
is mound height any different, according to your statement above? They are both in the same boat as far as I am concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to imply that allowing play with a non-stamped ball as getting away with doing as little as possible is insulting and arrogant on your part.

American by birth...Christian by choice.....

NRA life member