View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 11, 2009, 06:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
For what it's worth Mike, there are a lot of NCAA interpretations that simply don't apply to NFHS. Those perceptions are not necessarily better, or worse, just different. Trying to apply one to the other is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole, sometimes.
It's not worth much since the rules sets are nearly identical for this particular instance.

Quote:
I have no idea where you're going with, "I also think your reasoning is faulty because what you have stated could be interpreted to apply to the play in question whether or not any contact by a defender was made. You still have not addressed that either.", or what you are referencing. As for the referenced case book play, I do not read into it what you apparently do, sorry.
Go back over your arguments and I think you can see where your reasoning is not limited to just the question at hand. In particular, I felt using your arguments and examples one could easily apply the ruling of TD to a receiver who jumps out on his own without being hit. Maybe I'm mistaken in that, but it's the impression I got from what you presented.