View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 11, 2009, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
C'mon Mike, I was simply presenting rule 2-4-1 in it's entirety. That which referes to this discussion is, ""A catch is the act of establishing player possession of a live ball which is in flight, and first contacting the ground inbounds........". I'm not ignoring anything about the "dowing requirement" (Case Book: 7,5,2,Sit J) you suggest is implied. I simply don't see how it relates to what we're talking about, and is simply intended to suggest action ended at that point.

You're beating a dead horse to the point of just being silly.
It's not beating a dead horse because you have yet to adequately justify your position since you have used rule examples that do not apply to the situation and are refusing to see how a key component to the casebook example you cited relates to the situation.
Why doesn't the statement "is downed" relate to the situation just like it would with any other forward progress situation?
I also think your reasoning is faulty because what you have stated could be interpreted to apply to the play in question whether or not any contact by a defender was made. You still have not addressed that either.

Last edited by Mike L; Wed Nov 11, 2009 at 02:30pm.