View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 11, 2009, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Maybe that is how they do it in Canada, but where I live that is not what we do. There are many plays where the whistle is not blown at all. And we certainly are not blowing the whistle if a player is still fighting or not really grasped.

The play in question looked like it might have been an issue or forward progress being stopped first. Then when the pile was moving McNabb fell forward. At least this is what the official that was ruling on the play was thinking. Because I recall that McNabb did go backwards.

Peace
Agreed, if the ball carrier is still fighting and there is the possibility he could gain additional yardage then no, I wouldn't kill the play either. But in situations where it's hopeless and the ball carrier is in danger then I'm going to kill it. I don't work pro level and did not see the McNabb play, but I acknowledge things can be different in the show than at amateur.

I'm curious about you having "many plays where the whistle is not blown at all".....what circumstances occur to present that situation? How does the play end? I know there's many differences between three and four down ball, but this is one I've never heard of before.

And peace back to you as well..especially on this, November 11th.

Lest We Forget.