Thread: Coach Dad
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 07, 2009, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

When I was in school, a coach pulled his team after one of his players was tossed for telling the BU, "You don't know anything." His team was packing up to leave, and we were razzing them pretty good, wishing them a pleasant trip home, etc. But then somebody must have intervened, or maybe the coach simply changed his mind, because they then unpacked and the game continued.

I remember that the coach was ragging on both umps right from the beginning, moaning about obvious calls, claiming on anything close that he was being robbed. I also remember that he looked pretty young, so I suspected he was somehow a last-minute replacement for the real coach.

My junior year in college, the regular Boston College coach was sick and sent an assistant. The guy couldn't handle the game or his team, and the afternoon ended in a brawl.

PS. I don't do college baseball (I'm not in the clique), but I've done plenty of college softball, and I've never had even the slightest incident with player or coach or spectator.

Last edited by greymule; Sat Nov 07, 2009 at 01:14pm.