View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 06, 2009, 08:20pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I thought I'd seen it all......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
One of my 12 year old granddaughters plays on an U13 traveling soccer team and last Saturday, one of the girls on her team (who is also a close friend) had to be taken to the hospital during the game when she took a forearm to the face from a girl on the other team. She has a broken clavicle. The other girl was not ejected, but received only a yellow card. Go figure.
Outrageous!

My son played HS and Travel Soccer. He was very fast. After a while teams would do anything to slow him down. Well, we saw our fair share of directs, indirects, penalty shots, etc. But then, he got kneed in the back and had his kidney bruised and lost a season. Then he got hammered and tore his ACL and lost a season. He rehabbed and fought to get back on the field. Then, he was fouled for the last time and suffered a broken ankle. Sad.

He started track his Junior year.

He loved soccer, but his poor body couldn't take the abuse.

This player should be suspended/banned. No excuse.....and I have no idea what the officials were doing. Ridiculous. Someone could really get hurt.