View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 14, 2002, 01:06pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
Girls' game the other night...A1 driving down the lane, B1 in position to take charge. A1 gets fouled by B2 on the arm as she shoots. A1 then proceeds to charge into B1 before she returns to the floor and after she is fouled by B2. I'm Lead and blow whistle for foul on B2 before the contact. Partner from Trail position blows whistle JUST AFTER me and signals player control before checking to see if I had blown my whistle--in a sense, double whistles. What is the correct call?

We ended up waiving off the player control since my foul came first and put A1 at the line for 2 shots. After thinking about it as we were administering the FT's, this is what I thought we should have done:

SINCE MY PARTNER SIGNALED player control AND I signaled a foul too (even though mine came first), I think we should have called both fouls, put A1 at the line for 2 FT's with no players on the lane, and then go to AP. I think the key here is that my partner signaled too. What do you guys think?
Being fouled by B1 does not release A from bearing the responsibility of committing a player control foul.

Both fouls are to be called, reported and assessed.

A shots two with the lane cleared, B ball afterwards.

I think this is slightly similar to the following:

A1 drives and is fouled. However, after the foul, A travels just before releasing the ball that goes in. You cannot award A the "and-1" after (s)he traveled. Call both, the foul and the violation. A gets two.

Mike