View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 05, 2009, 10:11am
Chain of Fools

If you are starting in January, how long and how many times do you intend to meet? The Federation doesn't even release rule changes until February so I'm not so sure that I wouldn't wait for their summary to be released and start up in March.

Since you are sub-varsity at this moment, I doubt that you would have much, if any, video to review. If you do, I'd begin with a review of the past season with round-table discussion of plays. If you have no video, you can still recap the past season with discussion of play situations that came up in your games. You could also review some of the videos from USA Football, the Federation's website, and some that can be located on Refstripes.com

When the new rule changes are released, I'd go over them and their potential applications. Once the rule books are released, assign rule chapters to each crew member to present and discuss at a meeting. Most of the time, our referees will take Rule 10 for themselves.

Somewhere in there, I'd have a meeting about the coming year, your plans for pre-game, travel, locations to meet-up.