Thread: Multiple foul
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 12:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

You can do what you want....but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Ok...so I understood it correctly, but I had never seen anything nor heard of any situations where a true multiple foul occurred, although I would bet it happens multiple times in any given game.....so why isn't it called or enforced?

If we aren't going to call it (because to me it seems to be a excessive punishment) then why is it a rule?
I can only speak for me (and this is what I have been taught). You call a multiple foul you have now given a foul to each player. So instead of one foul, you have given two on two different players for the same action. Good luck explaining that to a coach. Then the enforcement is not conventional either. Let us say you have 5 team fouls, and you call a multiple foul on two players. Now you have given the 6 and 7 team foul. Do you think anyone is going to be accepting of the actual enforcement? Why go there? All because you have to be technically correct? Something happened first. Call the first foul or the most severe foul, but do not call a multiple foul and then mess up the enforcement. This is why you do not see multiple fouls called. I honestly do not know why this rule is in the rulebook and honestly do not care why either. All I know is if you want to confuse the hell out of everyone, call this foul. Then better yet, you better have real evidence on tape this took place. Now everyone is scrutinizing your knowledge of the rules and your judgment if it really took place. You have made a simple situation that everyone could easily accept, to people asking how the heck you could call such a case. DO NOT CALL THIS FOUL!!!!

Peace