Thread: Multiple foul
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
In an attempt to better understand rule 4-19-11 (Multiple Foul) I looked up in the casebook 4.19.11 but still have a few questions so hopefully you veterans out there can explain it in layman terms for us still learning!

4.19.11 Situation B1 and B2 foul A1 at the same time while A1 is (a) driving down the lane (b) in the act of shooting a successful or unsuccessful two point try (c) a successful three-point try; or (d) an unsuccessful three-point try.

Ruling: One free throw for each foul in (a), (b) and (c) and two free throws for each in (d) (10 Penalty 6).

So here is where my question begins.......

First off let me make sure I understand it correctly....With two defenders both committing fouls on on player, the offended player gets one free throw for each foul? Is that one set of free throws for each foul (meaning 4 total) or just one for each (meaning 1+1=2)? If it is the later then what if three players foul him? Does he get three (1+1+1=3)? Do both (or all three) have fouls recorded at the table and do both (or all three) count towards the team fouls?

Secondly, if the above situations are correct do any referees ever enforce the multiple foul rule?

Thanks....hopefully you wise men/women can shed some light on this for me!
First Question: It is one FT per foul not a set of free throws and yes if three players foul, each foul is penalized with a FT (=3). All fouls are recorded and count toward the team count and player disqualification.

Second Question: No. I have yet to see a multiple foul called in a game. In addition, I don't plan on calling one.