View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 01, 2009, 09:27am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
There was no sense in going through the heavy mud as we would sink and probably stay there indefinitely!
C'mon, surely one of your other crew members would have helped you out, right?

Good story!

We get our fair share of rain here in VA too....and the fields get destroyed annually.....and re-seeded. One yr it was so bad the football coach wouldn't allow other sports teams to practice on the field, fearing it would ruin what was left.

Every yr our county puts synthetic turf down at another school or Rec Center. Money is tight and they haven't gotten to our school yet. Hopefully soon.

Last weekend my wife and I were driving past a local HS and it was pouring, I mean monsoon amounts of rain and wind. She said, "Look, there's a game going on."

I said, "In this weather?"

Sure enough, two teams were using their synthetic field and it was unbelievable. I felt sorry for those few fans and parents in the stands.... until I remembered I used to be one of them and due to the age of my kids, I no longer am!

Ok, I felt bad about the officials too.