View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 28, 2009, 10:45am
Do not give a damn!!

All you can do is talk about stuff in pre-game and go work the game. If the official is calling stuff that is considered wrong, it will come back on them later or their reputation will be affected. All you can do is work your game and hope for the best. I might only ask my partner that called in front of me, "What did you see?" Maybe they saw something you did not and then explain what you saw on that fast break play. I do not agree with Bob about the "being straight lined" issue because I do not consider those things very often on calls. I call what I see based on my angle and what my partner has an opportunity to call. You really cannot teach judgment in the first place. You either have it or you do not. Just work your game and let the chips fall where they may. Eventually if this guy is calling things in other people's areas it will not go over well after time. He will either realize this on his own or he will have to seek why he is not well respected or liked as an official. Now if he asks you what you think of his game (especially if you are the veteran) then be honest about these calls. If he does not ask, then leave it alone. Unless I am missing something, these are not varsity games, so the situation is a learning experience for him and you.

Peace