View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 05:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Exactly. Most games in Illnois are 3 Person, which means it wouldn't be a stretch for the ISHA to require 3 Person. Games would be scheduled on different night. JV officials who are ready would be moved up faster. It actually adds a few years to each official's career.
All post season games are already 3 Person. I do not know what they need to require. It only hurts the schools or conferences that use 2 Person for all their varsity games (Which is so small I can only tell you on one that does not do it for all their games. And that conference uses 3 Person for all their "big games."). And I do not think it has anything to do with guys moving up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Fiscally, there's no reason to expect an official to be paid as much to work a 3 man game as he is paid in a 2 man game. It's not physically as exerting and demanding and it makes the game easier to call. I spoke to a NY state official several years ago. He told me he made $83 for a varsity 2 man game. He said that was one of the main reasons the officials in his area wouldn't push for 3 man. I'm not saying that's true everywhere but I've heard those views expressed from others ijn similiar situations.
I do not know any conference that does not pay more for a varsity 3 Person game than they do for a 2 Person game. That just would not be acceptable. Now a lot of lower level games are double headers, but you do not get paid more than a single varsity game to a single lower level game. Not going to happen.

Peace