Thread: OT- your closet
View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
OK, boring Friday night here. Getting ready for the season and going thru stuff. How many shirts do you have in your closet? I counted 9. Two I would never wear anymore. One is a XXL someone gave me and the other is the first shirt I bought before I knew what was really going on. A polyester McDavid from Champs, thought it looked really nice. Still is nice, nice and HOT. The rest are split between HS and College shirts, flag no flag, patch no patch, etc Really partial to the Honigs B12 shirt. Wish they had a HS version of that material.

4 pants, two honigs and two sansabelts. 3 jackets, one CCA, one HS without assoc logo and one with. 4 pairs of shoes. One pair has a blowout that I need to get rid of. Numerous sets of UA, but dual use those for ref'n and working out/running.
Wow, I feel like a tightwad now. I don't put any patches on my shirts; they have them in Iowa but I have never worn them and nobody has ever complained. I used to work in Illinois too and never put an Illinois patch on my shirts. That way, I can wear any shirt anytime. I realize that may not fly in other parts of the country.

I have three shirts, two pairs of beltless pants, one jacket and one pair of shoes. I bought two new fox 40 mini's this year but probably still have five or six old ones lying around. The thing I like about basketball is we all wear the same thing. Baseball is more difficult because some guys carry four or five different color shirts, then you have plate and base pants, different styles of jackets, base and plate shoes. The investment in basketball gear for officials is pretty reasonable. My first year long ago, I probably didn't even spend $100 to get started. I bought one shirt, a pair of black NB shoes, two black t shirts and a pair of cheap black polyester pants at K-Mart. I spent more than that on my chest protector for baseball.