View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 23, 2009, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumpire View Post
With all due respect,

Are you an Angels fan, or is there some other reason you are so angry in these threads?

I really am not happy with the guys involved in these foul-ups either, nobody is on this board. But you are almost over the top angry about it, even taking shots at posters you think are defending these people.

Lighten up a little!
Angry? Me?

That's the best laugh I have had in weeks. Thank you.

And do you actually think that my criticisms of this spate of awful calls shows bias toward any one team? Is that also a joke? Because it should be. I ripped Bucknor for two calls that favored the Angels. I ripped McClelland for two calls, one of which took a run off the board from the Yankees. I ripped Culbreath for missing a strike three call on Posada that triggered that rally. I commended Jerry Layne for a neighborhood call and two tag play calls at the plate that all went for the Yankees. I ripped Cuzzi for a call that went for the Yankees. I ripped Kulpa for a horrendous call at third that went for the Phillies.

Do you honestly think I am biased for any one team in my criticisms of umpires?

I love the game and I love the umpiring profession. I am not biased toward a team in making my judgments nor am I angry in my expressions. Thanks for the guesswork, though; it shows interest.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Fri Oct 23, 2009 at 05:48pm.