View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 21, 2009, 06:48pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"You got some 'splainin' to do!" ...

I've seen it called once, right after it became a violation instead of a technical foul. During a two person game, like most games here in the "Land of Steady Habits", while I was the lead, an offensive player ran out of bounds, and almost ran into me to go around a screen, and went back in bounds on the other side of the lane. He didn't get the ball that time down, but I said to myself, if he does it again, I'm calling the violation. Down at the other end, a foul was called and my partner and I switched. The next time back down to the other end of the court, I'm the trail, and I hear my partner's whistle. He called the violation on the player for going out of bounds to go around the screen, the same play that I had seen a few minutes earlier. We hadn't even talked about it. He just called it on his own. Good call, but it took some explaining to the coach for him to understand what his player had done wrong.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)