View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 21, 2009, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks everyone

So next time I tell a UIC, "My partner is killing me out there," maybe they will believe me.

Thank you all for your kind words. u 2 Mike. Actually, prison food is better. My dinner tray Monday night was a potato roll, a scoop of sugar free strawberry sorbet, and a glass of Shasta Diet Lemon Lime.

That was it. "Nutrition Services" got a call, well, more than one call. Next thing ya know, I had "Chicken Italiano" AND a piece of pepperoni pizza. The pepperoni may be the best I have ever had on a pizza or anything else.

Turns out it was a "myocardial infarction." That's what killed my dad almost 46 years ago (a week before JFK was shot), so I guess we have made some advances. All I know is it hurt like hell, even worse than 3 years ago which resulted in a triple bypass.

So...eight days later I am at home. I am exhausted. As you all know, you get limited sleep in the hospital. I need to catch up.

I hope to be back on the diamond. Larry, hoping to work with you too. It would be my pleasure to work with all of you.

And...don't take any of this schist for granite, ok?