View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 21, 2009, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

The way I see it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinski View Post
Personally, I don’t think it’s a big deal. In three-man the reporting official stays table side, why not in two-man as well. I think it will actually let the movement of the officials work more smoothly during a free-throw situation. As far as being in closer proximity to coaches; we are the same way with three-man. If a coach wants a question answered, it’s actually simpler this way. If the coach wants to give me crap, I don’t have to walk as far to report the T. My biggest concern will be remembering to go opposite table as lead. After a few games, it’ll sink in.

It doesn’t matter to me either way.
The problem with this mechanic is that, yes, it gets the T familiar with going table size as we do in 3-person mechanics, however, it makes the lead go opposite table when administering the free throw, which is directly opposite of what we do in 3-person. So I find myself backing out the wrong way once or twice a game.

Bottom line: they have obtained what they want at the Trail position at the expense of making the Lead do something different between 2 and 3-person mechanics.

These are small problems I know and easy to overcome, but there you go. It's not that I don't like it, it's just I see issues with it. Small issues, but issues none-the-less.

That's my two cents.