Thread: tim mcclelland
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 21, 2009, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Which Call is the worst ever?

Kevin,

I am confused. Are you saying that camera angles are always perfect to get the best view of any play? Are you just so mad about the two calls missed at 3B you can't see the forest from the trees?

I did not see all the replays in the game on the appeal at 3B, but unless there was one I did not see, unless you have a perfect angle on the play, it's not a done deal he missed it. Having said that, it looks like Fox did find the magic angle to show he missed it. If he kicked it, bad for him.

Maybe it is another reason why the the plate umpire should have the tag at 3B to begin with.

Look, when I went to school, Tim was one the instructors I had. He's a great guy, IMO. If I was going to defend him I would. But I am not trying to defend him or the call. I saw the play at 3B totally live, he blew that up like Hiroshima. He got straightlined by the runner going back to 3B. No excuse for that.

But doggone it, camera angles do lie at times, and you are saying stuff I am not saying. Step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath will you?