Thread: Video
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 11:06pm
Huck Finn

Oh, something else that came up Sunday. Someone said the play should have been killed immediately when the player went down. Others continued by saying it should have been stopped by rule, regardless of who had the ball, what was happening with the ball, etc.

I could find this in the rule book; they said it was changed two years ago. When I looked and told an official I couldn't find it he told me it was a state policy. I then said the policy letter should be printed and distributed because this could be a test question. Then he said he wasn't sure it it was a policy or a suggestion. At this point I was getting tired of the changing story so I will ask here: am I missing something in the rule book? I would want to know what rule covers stopping this play because I was only able to find things about bleeding, unconscious player. If the injured player was right in the middle of the action of course the play should be stopped, but that wasn't the case in this play.