View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I want your fellas opinion. I really hate these questions that are close but not exact.....

On a test question it states "The time-out area is an imaginary rectangle formed by the sideline (including the bench), end line, nearer free-throw lane line extended and the coaching-box line."

Rules book 1-13-3 states "The time-out area shall be the area inside an imaginary rectangle formed by the boundaries of the sideline (including the bench), end line and an imaginary line extended from the free-throw lane line nearest the bench area meeting an imaginary line extended from the coaching-box line"

IMO they are essentially the same and consequently would be a "true" answer to the question. They are stating the four sides of the rectangle "time-out" area, thus summing up the area that is stated in the Rules book.

Any other opinions?
I followed the same logic as you did and believe this would be true. I did have to read this one a couple times though, so I am curious to see if anyone has an opinion as to why it might be false.