Thread: Video
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Agree. There is too little information to judge whether a foul occurred in back court and who committed it if there was. The dribbler's body language screams out frustration, to me anyway. That seems like a, "Get off me!" kind of reaction. But without seeing the whole play, that doesn't really tell me anything useful.

Amended to add: In stopping, starting, rewinding this several times, I happened to stop at a moment that shows the defender positioned to the side of the ball-handler, her left hand on the ball, and her left arm coming across the ball handler's body. Combine that with the fact that the defender is coming at her quickly from the front and overruns her a little (see below), and it begins to look like the defender was trying to make a play on the ball, arrived late, was out of control, had her hand on the ball but was *probably* making significant contact on the ball handler's arm, maybe the whole left side of her body. That would easily account for a "get off me" reaction by the ball handler.

It appears the T got straight lined on that play because of how the defender moved into the play. The video quality isn't great, but as the play is just coming into view, the defender is an orange blur that appears to start out ahead of the dribbler but be in motion to the spot beside and just behind her when she finally comes into focus. The T would have had an open look just prior to that and would have had no time to adjust before whatever happened happened. If I'm right about the defender arriving late, and overrunning the play, well...I wouldn't have anticipated that. I would expect the defender to stay in the dribbler's path. The T would have had an open look at that.

Last edited by Back In The Saddle; Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 02:11pm.