Thread: Video
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Honestly, I can only "agree" with half of thise points from the video.

The clip doesn't show enough of the backcourt situation to show how they contact occurred. It may well be an offensive foul but I would never rule it as such based just on the short bit in the clip.

I don't see a forearm at all. I see the dribber and the defender collide torso to torso with the defenders arm pinned between....at least from the angle/quality of this video.

I see come body/body contact on the first passer after the pass is away. Fouled? Perhaps? But where is the advantage. Pass was successful and the contact appeared minor (but again, the video didn't really show the whole interaction to the end so it is hard to see) and not necessarily worth of a whistle (depending on the tone of the game to that point).
I agree with the backcourt comment, tough to see anything.

But after that you can tell tensions are raised a bit and you've got a player laying in the backcourt (advantage A), the tone of the game has changed. This is an important next few seconds.

There is significant body contact on the dribble as A lowers the shoulder and B blocks, both players bounce off eachother. At this point, if I miss the block call, I'm now ready to stop the game with a whistle as soon as B fouls or A pulls the ball back out. B has the right to foul to end A's advantage and that's what it looks like B is trying to do on the first pass. By not calling that you are inviting a harder subsequent foul and basically asking for trouble.

My opinion.

I think it would be interesting to see film of how the officials handled the rest of the game.