View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 06:42am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_ref View Post
So you’re saying you’re not a replacement referee and therefore haven’t been personally affected by Joe Forte’s alleged bias against replacement referees???? Sounds like you have a personal vendetta against Joe Forte, which make your accusations even less credible. Or is it just that you weren’t assigned enough Big South games and you’re unhappy with your schedule?

If by “convicted felon” you are referring to the federal prosecution of 50+ NBA employees who all failed to pay taxes on their per diem, then yes, he is a convicted felon. David Stern decided to bring back the officials who were prosecuted because they are considered the best in the world. In an effort to “keep it real,” good thing “convicted felons” are given an opportunity to return to their professions or I wouldn’t have the pleasure of watching some of my favorite athletes.

Maybe the NBA referees should look into working college games during the lockout. My guess is your schedule would be even lighter.
I simply said that I NEVER said I was a replacement ref. I said you assumed that. However, I never confirmed or denied your assumption...nuff said.

You can call my allegations whatever you want to call them. Why don't you simply ask officials in th Big South (if you know any of them) if what I am saying is true. Do you own investigation IF it really concerns you...nuff said.

I have no personal vendetta again Forte. I am simply expressing MY opinion on the matter. I did state that many will have a difference of opinion, which you and I clearly have and the poll is 50-50...nuff said.

Yes, I am referring to the tax evasion and it wasn't just on not paying taxes on their per diem...it was clearly an effort to make MORE money by downgrading airfares from 1st class to coach and not paying taxes on that money too. Some would call that stealing! You and and I have to pay our taxes correctly don't we? Obviously, if the FEDS got involved, it was very serious and a felon is a felon regardless of the charge. And most felons cannot VOTE...I may be wrong in this. But, you never responded to whether the NCAA would allow felons to work in the tourney...hum. And Stern did allow them to continue to work. He placed their ability over principle which has come back to bite him and is something that those felon referees have appeared to forget that they are lucky to even still have their jobs in the NBA at all.

But, if the NBA refs worked college hoops during the lockout that would be fine with me. But I guess you're so good that YOUR schedule would not decrease one bit if this happened. BTW, when a few NBA refs got fired from the NBA a few years ago, they went right back to some of the Big 6 leagues...I have no problem with that.

It is a sad state of affairs that if you have talent and are a felon, you are given more opportunity than if you are just a plain Joe...this applies to anything and not just sports. What does that say about our values?

Have a nice day...

Last edited by ncaambbref; Sun Oct 18, 2009 at 06:50am.