View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 17, 2009, 05:29pm
In Time Out

It is not defamation when it is true. Yes every official has probably been treated unfairly at some level (high school or college) and yes officials get dropped by conferences from time to time. But don't claim that we are independent contractors just as a matter of convenience. If Joe is going to do this to officials, why not make it known? Bottomline is, his treatment of these officials for this reason is TRUE! Everyone in the Big South knows it.

The game of basketball is bigger than any one referee and any one union. Everyone may have a difference of opinion on this matter, but bottomline, the GAME of BASKETBALL WILL BE PLAYED no matter WHO officiates it.

Also, I stated that 17 at one time worked during a lockout. I never said that Forte was one of them. And never did I mention Javie's name.

Let's pose this scenario: would it be right if high school assignors FIRED every official who got a chance to work Jr. College or NAIA? What if every DII assignor fired officials who worked DI? Silly as it may seem but think about that when you criticize this letter. Stand on principle...right is right and fair is fair. Period!!!

Oh yeah, and when you discuss that Forte is fighting for the integrity of their profession...let's not forget that he is a CONVICTED FELON!!! Let me say that again...FELON!!! Do you think the NCAA would let a felon work? But the NBA referees' union made it so that they could still be a part of the NBA. How many other jobs would allow a felon to make six figures? Give me a break...

One more thing...I never said that I was a replacement ref either. You assumed that...

Have a nice day.

Last edited by ncaambbref; Sat Oct 17, 2009 at 07:27pm.