View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 17, 2009, 02:55am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
I don't see this as a big deal. A lot of us here work 3-man tableside on Friday night, and opposite on Sat afternoon. I don't see how this is any more confusing. I have one scheduled two man game this year, I'm sure we'll do just fine.
The only reason I have a problem with this mechanic (and I will not be doing this very often anyway) is because you have an official that is concentrating on other things asked to communicate with a coach. In 3 Person you have almost no role in administering a FT as the Trail. In a 2 Person you have responsibility for people on the line and the FT shooter. You do not have a lot of time to talk to a coach. And in my opinion the expectation is to have a coach talk to you and you do not have a lot of time to do so. If anything I would not be surprised if many coaches get more upset if you just ignore them and you are standing in front of them. Other than this the positioning is not a big deal, but it is not going to accomplish the goal without holding up the game in my opinion. Then again I will not have to worry about this very often if at all. I just do not see this making communication easier or better.

Peace