View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 16, 2009, 07:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch85 View Post
Did anyone notice that the location for the C on 3-whistle and the T for 2-whistle are now written the same according to this year's Officials Manual? The diagrams always showed them approximately the same but previously the C (3-W) was to be just below the top of the key and the T (2-W) was to be just above the FT line extended. Weird.

My personal experience is that you need to be about the top of the key to see the two lane spaces on the far side or nearer the shooter. The old manual was written prior to moving the players up one position on the lane so I assumed there would be a change in the manual, it just wasn't the one that I was expecting.
The purpose of all mechanics is to put us where we have the best chance of seeing what we need to see. There's nothing sacred about the prescribed "spot on the floor". It is a guide, a best guess. The prime directive of mechanics is always "go where you need to go to see what you need to see." If you can see better higher up and/or closer in, then go there. I find higher and closer works better for me, so that's where I go.