View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 14, 2009, 01:24pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOofficial View Post
And that is why they put that zone in there, because they found that you can no way in hell stop an offensive player from scoring at that point, but yet you can stop someone from scoring by being a terrible defensive player and having your back turned to him?

I guess we all have a difference in opinions. I can say that whatever you call either a block/charge, your explanation to the coach will usually work. Just make sure you call the same block/charge on the other end.
And I don't give a crap about the explanation to the coach. Try giving that explanation to a coach who knows the rule (his player is entitled to that spot on the floor) and see how high the complaints go, then try giving it to your assigner or the state.

Move the players out a bit and tell me what you have. A1 dribbling up the court, roughly at the midcourt line. B2 is guarding A2 near the sideline, fronting him to prevent a pass (with his back to the ball) but standing still while A1 plows into him.

Or you could move it into the paint, with B2 fronting A2 while A1 drives instead of passing and crashes into a stationary B2.

I understand the logic of the restricted zone, even though I disagree with it; but the rule here is very explicit in granting each player a spot on the floor (except those rule sets that utilize the restricted zone) as long as he gets there first. LGP isn't even a consideration here.