View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 14, 2009, 09:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
It doesn't apply in this sit, as the defender thought there was a shot and turned to face the basket for the blockout/rebound. In this case, even though the defender was no longer guarding, they are still entitled to their spot on the floor, and the offense has no addtional rights in any contact. Even if that wasn't the case, it's obvious MOofficial was stating the offensive player should not be charged with a foul because the defender wasn't "man enough" to face the offense. We both know that directly contradicts the rule on guarding, 4-23-3(e), "The guard may turn or duck to absorb the shock of imminent contact."
It was not clear in the OP what way the defender was facing. I am just saying it could apply, but that does not mean it is the only factor. You can maintain LGP by turning and moving. You never have to face an opponent to stay legal. And my comments really were not about MOofficial in the first place. I just take a slight issue that the defender in this case could not be in LGP.

Peace