View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 12, 2009, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Forgive me Robert, for not being quite clear enough. Spectators paid to watch the contest and are the responsibility of game management entirely and are free to behave as however game management requires. Spectators are best totally and completely ignored by game officials, because they are totally irrelevant to our function. Coaches, on the otherhand, like players and officials are actually participants in the contest and have specific duties and responsibilities, included among which, is the requirement to act and behave professionally and in an adult manner.

I wasn't alluding to anyone evaesdropping on sideline conversations or worrying about anyone, "appearing more expert than you about your job" as long as it doesn't undermine my ability to do my job or make a mockery out of the situation, or the game.

If someone is looking for a stage on which to flaunt their individual persona, and wishes to engage a field official as a prop to try and enhance their projection of rules knowledge, they should be doing in from the spectator area, only after they've paid full admission.